Sunday 2 February 2014

Why are libraries quiet?

There is nothing nicer than sitting in peace reading a book.. But why are libraries so quiet? Our challenge this year is to make our library noisy. 
 I want children to share their knowledge of books, be enthusiastic about sharing a book with others. A hub of information where student voices resonate.
So today after sharing this vision with students to our library was so different ...
"Has anyone read this?"
"That's the second book in the series you should read this first."
"  You had better read that quick cause I want to read it too."
"She is such a cool author"

I saw books being put back, I saw children negotiating and I saw children actively looking for books that were of interest to them.

I heard noise but it was a healthy noise. And then there was silence..  
Every child happily sprawled and reading. 

And that is how we could have spent our first day! 

Here's to a noisy library and 40 books read!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment